The Bootle Taxes Branch AGM will take place on Tuesday the 26th of February 2019 at 12:30 pm until 13:30 pm in The Beaky. You can RSVP on Facebook here.
All PCS members are allowed to take their own time to attend this meeting, we have tried to arrange this so it will be in most people’s lunch break. If it isn’t, you should be allowed to take flexi time to attend. Lunch will be provided at the meeting.
This is the opportunity for all members to nominate those who will run the union in the coming year and debate potential union policy. It is also a crucial opportunity to discuss the national union’s ballot for industrial action over pay, which opens on 18 March, and the recent announcement about the closure of the Bootle offices next year. Please make every effort to attend and make your voice heard!
Each of the Offices within the Branch will be holding their own individual AGMs the week before as listed below.
The call for motions and nominations went out within the branch on 29 January and those received by the deadline of 8 February will included in the AGM pack, which will be published once the results of the Branch elections are known.
Office General Meetings
AGMs for individual offices will be taking place as follows –
- Benefits & Credits: 11am on 21 February, on the 18th floor of the Triad. Paid time has been given to attend and B&C Assistant Group Secretary Colette Smith will be speaking.
- Business Tax & Customs: 12pm and 1pm on 21 February, in the St John’s House union room. Paid time has been given to attend and BT&C Assistant Group Secretary Bobby Young will be speaking.
- Corporate Services: 1.30pm in 20 February in the St John’s House union room. No paid time has been granted but all members are entitled to attend in their own time. Estates Assistant Group Secretary Clive Bryant will be speaking.
- Customer Compliance Group: 1.30pm on 21 February in the Conference Room on the 19th floor of the Triad and 3pm on 21 February in room 320 of St John’s House. Paid time has been given by RIS and the CCG Assistant Group Secretaries Phil Dickens and Ian Lawther will be speaking.
- Customer Strategy & Tax Design: 1.45pm on 21 February in the St John’s House union room. Paid time has been given to attend and CS&TD Assistant Group Secretary Colette Smith will be speaking.
- PT Operations: the dates and venues of the meetings in The Triad and Litherland House are still to be confirmed as we are waiting on a decision from management as to whether they will allow paid time.
The 2019 Annual Report details the work undertaken by your reps on the Branch Executive Committee and for each of the offices in the branch. You can download it as a PDF to read here.
The 2019 Organising Strategy sets out the organising aims for the branch, how we can meet them and how they will strengthen our position. You can download it as a PDF to read here.
The AGM pack includes the agenda for the AGM, the results of the branch elections and the nominations and motions which will be up for debate in the meeting. It will be published here once the results of the elections for those positions being contested is known.